Google has announced the core search update rollout on 22 August, 2023, which may take several weeks to complete. This is the second core update of 2023 after the March 2023 core update.
- Google’s August 2023 core upgrade has been released with the intention of improving search results.
- It’s all about the importance of the content, it’s okay if the page performance drops after an update.
- Continuous content improvement is important; Recovery from major modifications is not always possible and can be unpredictable.
Core updates are major changes to the algorithms in Google’s search results that are designed to improve the quality of search results. They are not targeted at any specific website or page, rather they aim to reward high-quality content and penalize low-quality content.
The core update is expected to take several weeks to complete. During this time website owners may see a change in the ranking of their search results.
Google doesn’t disclose the specific changes made with the major update to its algorithms. However, it has said that the August 2023 update may improve on the search results variation. This means that Google wants to make sure that people are presented with the most relevant and useful results for their queries that they are looking for.
If you notice a drop in your search rankings after the main August 2023 update, there are a few things you can do to improve your rankings. Firstly, make sure that your content is of high quality and relevant to your target keywords. You also need to focus on building backlinks from high quality websites to your website.
Google core updates are a normal part of the search engine landscape. However, they can be disruptive to website owners who see their rankings drop. By following the above tips, you can improve your website’s search ranking but help minimize the impact of major updates.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind about the major August 2023 update:
- This is not a penalty, so no need to panic if your ranking drops.
- It is global, so it will affect all websites, regardless of their location.
- It is not possible to know what factors Google is using to rank websites from this update.
- The best way to improve your ranking is to focus on creating high quality content that is relevant to your target keywords.