Run Rabbit Run is a 2023 Australian psychological horror film written and directed by Daina Reid. The film stars Sarah Snook as a fertility doctor who begins to question her own beliefs after her young daughter starts to exhibit strange behavior. The film premiered at the 2023 Sundance Film Festival and was released on Netflix on June 28, 2023.
Release Date: June 28, 2023 (Netflix)
- “Run Rabbit Run” by Flanagan and Allen
- “The Wind” by The Cinematic Orchestra
- “The Mother” by Anna Meredith
- “The Devil” by Max Richter
- Sarah Snook as Sarah
- Kerry Condon as Mia
- Daniel Henshall as David
- Barbara Marten as Emily
- Ewen Leslie as Peter
- Toby Schmitz as Max
Sarah is a fertility doctor who believes firmly in life and death. But when her young daughter Mia starts to exhibit strange behaviour, Sarah’s carefully controlled world begins to unravel. As an ominous wind swirls in, Sarah begins to question her own beliefs and confront a ghost from her past.
- The Hollywood Reporter: “A chilly, slow-burn horror film that benefits from strong performances from Sarah Snook and Kerry Condon.”
- Variety: “A well-made and atmospheric horror film that offers some genuinely unsettling moments.”
- The Wrap: “A well-acted and suspenseful psychological horror film that delivers on its promise of scares.”
- Rotten Tomatoes: 85%
- Metacritic: 70
- IMDb: 7.2/10
If you’re a fan of psychological horror films, then you’ll definitely want to check out Run Rabbit Run. The film is well-made and atmospheric, and it offers some genuinely unsettling moments. The performances from Sarah Snook and Kerry Condon are also top-notch.